What is DSK INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS?
Established in 2007, DSK International Campus (DSKIC) is an International Design Institute located in Pune, India. The State-of-the-Art residential campus provides industry-centric, professional courses in Product Design, Transportation Design, Animation, Video Game, Fashion Design, Interior Design and Graphic Design. The campus is spread over a sprawling 20 acre landscape equipped with ultra modern facilities & infrastructure.
DSK International Campus is part of the renowned DSK Group(India) with legacy of four decades. It was the vision of Dr. D. S. Kulkarni – Founder and Chairman of DSK Group to bring practical learning to India; to bridge the gap between the education provided and skills required by the Industry.
The campus is committed to become:
An International Center of Creative Excellence that Shapes Talent, Leads Change
What are the Courses offered at the campus?
DSK International Campus currently offers professional programs in:
- Product Design, Transportation Design
- Video Game Design & Art
- Interior Design
- Graphic Design
In the 3 year programs in Product Design & Transportation Design you will master the industrial design process and learn to express your ideas via graphic sources, various creative techniques and manufacturing processes. You will be specifically taught to work independently, so that your professional skills are chiseled to match global standards. you will get practical education on incorporating your creativity and skill into an actual environment. You will work with advanced software and actually create the outputs in a world class workshop with the latest technologies.
In the 3 year program you will be introduced to the essential skill sets needed to be an animator, you will eventually move on to 3D Animation & Computer Graphics in a studio-like environment. You will be guided by professional faculty with industry experience so that once you complete the course; you are ready to take on the actual work environment in a studio.
VIDEO GAME DESIGN & ART
The 3 year program will equips the student with the specific skill sets, both in art and technology, and other related knowledge required to be a professional. The program will encompass universal education like arts, psychology, theory of images and connect it with the industry requirement. You also learn about design, communication and teamwork techniques during the foundation.
The 3 Year Program in Fashion encourages students to explore their inspiration, flex their boundaries of imagination and discover their own Style. We believe in giving students liberty to put their ideas into practice while equipping them with specialist skills and providing a perfect environment essential for success in fashion design.
In such a scenario the 3 Year Program at DSK School of Graphic Design comes as a breath of fresh air. The program is focused around User-Centered Design Thinking for effective design outcomes in digital, print, packaging & more.
The 3 year program in Interior Design provided at DSK School of Interior Design is cutting edge, practical and intensive covering both residential and nonresidential spaces.
Admissions are open for 2017-18, you can apply at
What is the curriculum like?
The curriculum is highly industry-centric and internships are an inherent part of the curriculum. This keeps students aware of the industry so that they are ready to take on the professional world after graduating. Which is why, we have long projects and jury evaluations as well.
By interacting and learning from the long projects by the industry directly makes learning far more practical and effective. Also, their experiences and wisdom will help you understand how the future is being shaped in the respective design fields. The focus of our curriculum is in creating professionals and entrepreneurs.
What is the pedagogy?
It is the opposite of a schoolish academic institution. The “classrooms” are studios for group projects, labs for digital design, experimental platforms and rapid prototyping workshops.. Alongside traditional tools such as pencils and physical prototyping, the integration of digital solutions has to provide the students powerful tools for all the phases of design: illustration, engineering, 3D modeling, rendering in computer graphics and rapid prototyping. These tools bring increased creative possibilities for our would-be designers by offering flexibility and an increased capacity to work.
• Our system is based on creative and practical learning. We have faculty from all around the glode with substantial industry experience.
• The teaching methodology is contemporary and is delivered through state-of-the-art infrastructure, latest equipment & advanced technologies.
• Industry-centric Curriculum
• In the final year, jury of industrial experts from across the world come to judge final year projects.
• We have regular long projects from industry so that students get first-hand experience of what it is like to actually work in a professional environment.
• DSKIC occupies a purpose-built 20-acre campus with unmatched infrastructure and recreational facilities
What is the faculty like?
The reputation of any good schools is based on the quality of teachers/faculty teach at the campus. At DSKIC we have with us highly qualified and industry experienced faculty from around the globe. You will be happy to know that our faculty is professionals who have worked in their respective industries and have had their own education from top institutes.
Can I do my further studies if needed after receiving a degree from your campus?
Yes, you are eligible to opt for further studies after graduating from our campus.
What are the placement opportunities?
Almost all our students are well placed in the industry today. We organize interviews with various companies within India and abroad. We inherently help students develop necessary skills to make a smooth transition to their respective careers.The placement, as you are probably aware, depends on your academic performance. We recommend deserving students to various companies.Our placement team is constantly working to build a working relationship with companies so that our graduates are absorbed easily.
The team also gives inputs to students on overall growth in the form of workshops, seminars and via activities like communication, personality development, interviews and interpersonal growth.
The fact that we have a strong world-wide presence of alumni in good positions in various companies and related institutes, our network is very strong. You will be well-recommended, which will be commensurate with your abilities.
Can you tell me about internships?
Internships are compulsory. Every course has its own internship schedule.
In order to help you get an internship that suits your inclinations, the DSKInternational Campus team will actively support you in connecting with some of the world’s best companies and landing a plum opportunity to work in a professional environment.
Are there any mention-worthy achievements you may brag about?
DSKIC students have bagged over 150 awards since its inception in 2008. You can check the details on the respective pages.
Where is the campus situated?
We have only one campus in India. Its located in Pune, Maharashtra. Pune is known as the oxford of the east as it has many educational institutes based out of here, making it a very sought after destination for education. Its proximity to Mumbai gives it the advantage to stay in close quarters with the financial capital, yet avoid the havoc of traffic and crowd.
Address: Nr. Loni Toll, Pune Solapur Road Pune: 412 308, India |
Telephone: +91 20-30157563 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you elaborate on the infrastructure?
DSK International Campus Infrastructure:
- Screening room for screening student films
- Auditorium with state of the art facilities for larger screenings
- Classrooms with projectors, white boards, soft boards, speakers, drawing boards, comfortable chairs & AC
- Cintiq Lab
- Clay workshop for animation
- Workshop – metal, wood and clay for lSD
- Hostel Campus
- Fully furnished single occupancy hostel rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Football / basketball grounds, Pool table, Recreation room
Canteen has the capacity to seat 450 students. The canteen serves Morning breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner everyday, keeping in mind both Indian and international students & faculty.
Can I schedule a visit to the campus?
Yes, of course! After all, seeing is believing.
You may schedule an appointment to visit our campus here
An appointment can ensure we can attend you better, though we are happy if you simply walk in as well.
What is the fees structure?
The detailed fee structure has been mention on on the website, visit page Fee Structure
The management reserves the right to change fee structure.
What is the eligibility criteria?
We have eligibility criteria as follows:
- Students who have appeared for/completed 12th grade in any discipline
- Applicants must have a portfolio of their original, creative work
- Applicants must be fluent in English
- Graduates from any discipline, with requisite skills can apply for lateral entry
What is a portfolio?
Portfolio is a set of applicant’s creative works which will help the selectors access the work and gauge the applicant’s capability and understanding.
What should it consist of?
1. Sketches / drawings / illustrations showing creativity and skill. Sketches help the selectors gauge the candidate on following parameters: Creativity, skill sets, skill level and the ability to express your ideas through.
2. Movies / videos / pertaining to the course the applicant is applying for (Ex: Videogame / industrial Design / Animation) this can be a film of candidates sketches/ works or the movie itself could be the portfolio. This should help the selectors to gauge the applicants creativity, storytelling ability and skill level.
3. It is mandatory to bring along the actual sketches for assessment during personal interview. The candidate may be asked to sketch on the spot if asked for and should be prepared accordingly.
How should I prepare for the entrance exam?
DSK International Campus conducts its own entrance exam which is divided into PhaseI and PhaseII.
To know more please visit page: http://dskic.in/admission/ or call +91 20 30157563
FAQ Couldn’t Answer Your Question?
You can always inquire with us directly. Check out our contact page.