Age: Below 57 Years
Minimum Qualifications: As per UGC( University Grants Commission) Norms
1. The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the President, on such terms and conditions as may be specified by statutes, from a panel of three persons recommended by the Governing Body and shall, subject to the provisions contained in sub-section (7), hold office for a term of three years
- Provided that, after the expiry of the term of three years, the Vice- Chancellor shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term of three years.
- Provided further that, the Vice-Chancellor shall continue to hold office even after the expiry of his term till new Vice-Chancellor joins, however, in any case, this period shall not exceed one year.
2. The Vice-Chancellor shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the University and shall have the powers of superintendence and control over the affairs of the University and shall execute the decisions of various authorities of the University.
3. The Vice-Chancellor shall preside over at the convocation of the University in the absence of the President.
4. If in the opinion of the Vice-Chancellor, it is necessary to take immediate action on any matter for which powers are conferred on any other authority by or under this Act, he may take such action as he deems necessary and shall at the earliest opportunity thereafter, report his action to such officer or authority as would have in the ordinary course dealt with the matter :
- Provided that, if in the opinion of the concerned officer or authority such action should not have been taken by the Vice-Chancellor, then such case shall be referred to the President, whose decision thereon shall be final.
5. If, in the opinion of the Vice-Chancellor, any decision of any authority of the University is outside the powers conferred by this Act or statutes, ordinances, regulations or rules made there under or is likely to be prejudicial to the interests of the University, he shall request the concerned authority to revise its decision within fifteen days from the date of decision and in case the authority refuses to revise such decision wholly or partly or fails to take any decision within fifteen days, then such matter shall be referred to the President and his decision thereon shall be final.
6. The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be specified by the statutes or the ordinances.
7. If at any time upon representation made or otherwise and after making such inquiry as may be deemed necessary, the situation so warrants and if the continuance of the Vice-chancellor is not in the interests of the University, the President with approval of Governing Body may, by an order in writing stating the reasons therein, ask the Vice-Chancellor to relinquish his office from such date as may be specified in the order :
- Provided that, before taking an action under this sub-section, the Vice- Chancellor shall be given an opportunity of being heard.